RAFFLEBOX’S GIVING TUESDAY $1,500 SOCIAL MEDIA GIVEAWAY
For Giving Tuesday, we’re harnessing the power of generosity to support Canadian charities as they work to improve our communities.
֎ Nominate your favourite charity by tagging them in the comments below. The organization with the most mentions will receive a $1,000 donation from Rafflebox!
֎ All contest participants will be entered in a draw to win $500!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Sponsor. The Giving Tuesday Social Media Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Rafflebox Technologies Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
2. Acknowledgment. When you submit an entry to the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understood and complied with these Rules (these “Rules”), and agree to be bound by them and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest, including, without limitation, the awarding of any prizes, eligibility, and disqualification. Entrants who do not comply with these Rules will be disqualified.
3. Eligibility. This Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, staff, contractors, directors, officers, agents, representatives, and shareholders of the Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates and any of their respective immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For these Rules, “immediate family member” means mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother, and spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside.
4. Contest Period. The Contest begins on Monday, November 29, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. MST (the “Contest Period”). Once the Contest Period has ended, no further entries will be accepted.
5. How to Enter. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest. To enter this Contest, you must:
(a) have a valid Instagram or Facebook account;
(d) tag your favourite charity in the comments section on the Giveaway Post that you have liked on Facebook or Instagram during the Contest Period. You may only tag one (1) charity. If you are unable to tag the charity (for example, if the charity does not have an Instagram or Facebook page), you may type the name of the charity in the comments.
You acknowledge and agree that any charity nominated in the Contest must be a properly constituted Canadian charity that is registered and in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency (the “CRA”) throughout the Contest Period and at the time that the Sponsor is to make the Donation to the charity. The charity must not reside in Quebec.
Subject to your compliance with these Rules, by completing the steps outlined in this section 3, you will receive one (1) entry into this Contest. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
6. Entry Limits. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Entrants may not submit multiple entries through different Facebook and Instagram accounts. Entering the Contest on both Instagram and Facebook will result in only one (1) entry. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Rules shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning this Contest, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Void Entries. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Rules are void. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry. Entries must not violate the rights of any third party and must not contain or consist of any (a) advertising or commercial content for any third party other than the Sponsor; (b) content that endorses or promotes any illegal or harmful activity; © violent, profane, vulgar, obscene, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material; (d) adult material; or (e) defamatory content. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates these prohibitions or any other provision of these Rules, or that could damage the reputation, goodwill or business of Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Prizes. There will be a total of two (2) prizes available to be awarded in this Contest. The prizes are as follows:
(a) One (1) $1,000 donation from the Sponsor to the winning charity (the “Donation”); and
(b) One (1) $500 individual cash prize (the “Individual Prize”).
The Donation and the Individual Prize are in Canadian currency. The approximate retail value of the prizes to be awarded in this Contest is $1,500. The prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable.
9. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
10. Winner Selection. On Monday, December 6, 2021 the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will:
(a) conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period and select one (1) individual to win the Individual Prize (the “Selected Entrant”); and
(b) identify the charity with the most tags in the eligible entries (each, a “Nomination”). The charity that has received the most Nominations (the “Nominated Charity”) will win the right to receive the Donation, subject to the charity meeting the requirements set out in these Rules.
11. Winner Confirmation. The Selected Entrant will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Facebook within 48 hours of the date of the random draw. To be confirmed a winner, the Selected Entrant must:
(a) reply to the notification within 72 hours of being notified by the Sponsor;
(b) if required by the Sponsor, sign and return the Sponsor’s form of declaration of compliance with the Rules and Liability / Publicity Release, in which the Selected Entrant (i) confirms the Selected Entrant’s compliance with these Rules; (ii) releases the Sponsor from all liability with respect to the Selected Entrant’s participation in the Contest; and (iii) consents to the Sponsor’s use, reproduction, posting, display, publication, exhibition, making available, and other exploitation of the Selected Entrant’s entry and social media handle in connection with the Contest and any related promotional or marketing initiative of the Sponsor;
( c) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in the notification sent by the Sponsor;
(d) promptly provide the Sponsor with all information and documents reasonably required by the Sponsor to award the Individual Prize to the Selected Entrant; and
(e) if required by the Sponsor, furnish proof of identification that may include the Selected Entrant’s driver’s licence or other form of identification.
If the Selected Entrant cannot be confirmed as a winner as described above, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the Individual Prize to an alternate entrant after confirmation. The Sponsor may publicly announce the name of the confirmed winner within 30 days of the close of the Contest, including, without limitation, on and through the Sponsor’s official social media channels and website, and each entrant acknowledges and consents to same.
If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the Instagram or Facebook account used to enter the Contest (the “Authorized Account Holder”). The Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
12. Nominated Charity Confirmation. The Nominated Charity selected to receive the Donation will be contacted directly by the Sponsor at the phone number or email address available on the Nominated Charity’s website within 48 hours of the end of the Contest Period. To be eligible to receive the Donation, the Nominated Charity must:
(a) respond to the Sponsor’s notification within 72 hours of receiving the first notification from the Sponsor, the Nominated Charity will be deemed to forfeit its chance to receive the Donation;
(b) promptly provide the Sponsor with such documents, assurances, and other materials as are reasonably necessary for the Sponsor to confirm that the Nominated Charity complies with the requirements set forth in these Rules, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion;
( c) promptly provide the Sponsor with all information and documents reasonably required by the Sponsor to provide the Donation to the Selected Entrant; and
(d) consent to the announcement of the Donation to such Nominated Charity by the Sponsor, including, without limitation, on and through the Sponsor’s official social media channels and websites.
If the Nominated Charity cannot be confirmed as eligible to receive the Donation as described above, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the Donation to an alternate charity after confirmation. Subject to the charity’s compliance with these Rules, the Sponsor will make commercially reasonable efforts to award the Donation to the eligible charity that has received the most Nominations.
13. Consent and Grant of Rights. By submitting an entry, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit, modify, distribute, transmit, publish, broadcast, perform, display, make available, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, with or without modifications, in any form or medium, whether now existing or later developed, in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes. Each entrant hereby waives any and moral rights (or other similar rights) that the entrant may have, now or in the future, in relation to their entry. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to confirm in writing the licence grant referred to in this section as a condition of being selected and confirmed as a winner, if requested by the Sponsor. By submitting an entry, you guarantee that you have all necessary rights to submit the entry and to grant to the Sponsor the rights set out in these Rules, as well as the consent of any person that may be identified, depicted or referred to in the entry.
15. Release of Liability; Limitation of Liability.
(a) By entering the Contest, all entrants forever release, discharge, and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, licensees, successors, and assigns (the “Sponsor Parties”) from and against any and all liability for any claims of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won or awarded, subject to applicable law.
(b) Without limiting the generality of the release of liability provision in section 13(a), and for greater certainty, by entering and participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor Parties will not be liable for: (i) any typographical or other errors, incorrect or inaccurate information, communicated or published in connection with Contest by the Sponsor Parties, including, without limitation, on or through these Rules or any promotional, marketing and advertising materials or the selection and announcement of the winner; (ii) the malfunction of any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; (iii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defector delay in the operation of the Contest or any transmission in connection with the Contest; (iv) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (v) any problems with, or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software or hardware configurations, or failure of email to be received by the Sponsor or entrant which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof; or (vi) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest, ALL SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW. Each entrant agrees to further confirm all of the foregoing in writing upon request from the Sponsor as a prior condition to receiving any prize. The Sponsor Parties do not warrant that the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SPONSOR PARTIES’ TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED CAD$10.
16. Indemnification. Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor Parties from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, claims, judgments, fines, penalties, taxes, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees and disbursements, that are incurred by the Sponsor Parties (or any of them) arising out of, resulting from or in connection with such entrant’s breach of or failure to comply with these Rules, including, without limitation, any representation, warranty, covenant, or obligation under these Rules.
17. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend the Contest in any way and for any reason without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
18. Governing Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Alberta, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts located in the city of Calgary, Alberta.
19. Intellectual Property. You acknowledge and agree that all works, content, designs, logos, trademarks, software, computer programs, code, information, documents, materials, and other intellectual property that form part of or that are used in connection with the Contest are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws, and are, will be, and will remain the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective licensors. All rights in and to the foregoing are expressly reserved by their owner(s) and an entrant’s participation in the Contest does not provide such entrant with any right, title, or interest in or to any of the foregoing.
© RAFFLEBOX 2021. All Rights Reserved.