NOVA SCOTIA FIREFIGHTERS WEEKLY 50–50 DRAW
RENEWED FOR YEAR #3
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What’s new with the NS Firefighters Weekly 50–50 Draw in Year #3?
NEW $1,000 Early Bird Prize
Ticket buyers who purchase a 50/50 ticket for the regular grand prize jackpot before Monday night at 11:59 p.m. local time will be automatically entered into the weekly early bird draw for $1,000!
The Early Bird Prize winner will be drawn every Tuesday morning and the winner will be contacted directly by email. The winning ticket number will be posted within 24 hours at www.firefighters5050.com and on the Nova Scotia Firefighters 50–50 Facebook group.
NEW Add-on prize option
Each week, ticket buyers will now have the option to make an extra purchase for a chance to win one of five extra $1,000 cash prizes!
Buying tickets for the add-on prizes is optional and is available during checkout after purchasing a 50/50 ticket for the regular Grand Prize Jackpot.
Simply select your ticket package of choice and add to cart to get your name in the Add-on prize draw or click ‘next’ to opt out and complete your purchase as usual.
The 5 winners of the $1,000 cash prizes will be drawn every Thursday evening and contacted directly by email. The winning ticket numbers will be posted within 24 hours at www.firefighters5050.com and on the Nova Scotia Firefighters 50–50 Facebook group.
2. Do I need to buy a ticket for the Add-on raffle to be entered for the extra $1,000 prizes?
Yes. If you choose to buy a ticket for the Grand Prize Jackpot only, your ticket numbers will not be entered into the separate draw for the five $1,000 cash prizes.
3. Do I need to buy an extra ticket to be entered for the $1,000 Early Bird Prize?
No. Anyone who purchases a ticket for the grand prize jackpot before Monday at 11:59 p.m. is automatically entered into the Early Bird Draw. If you are the winner of the Early Bird prize, your ticket numbers go back in the draw for the Grand Prize Jackpot and your odds of winning the grand prize jackpot are not impacted.
4. What if I only want to buy a ticket for the Add-on raffle and not the grand prize jackpot?
If you want to only purchase the Add-on, you can choose to purchase a ticket for the Add-on raffle by clicking “next” to bypass the first option (to buy a ticket for the grand prize jackpot) during checkout.
5. When I purchase a ticket for the Add-on raffle, can I choose which fire hall I’m supporting?
You can only make a single “in support of” selection for your entire purchase, regardless of which kind of ticket(s) you add to your cart. If you choose to buy a ticket for the Add-on raffle, the “in support of” selection you made at the beginning of your purchase remains the same for both the grand prize jackpot and the Add-on purchase.
6. Does the Grand Prize winner still get 50% of the jackpot or is the jackpot split between multiple people?
The Grand Prize winner will continue to take home 50% of the jackpot. The additional prize opportunities are not deducted from the jackpot.
7. Will I still get an email on Friday mornings announcing the winner?
Yes, the Grand Prize Jackpot winner will continue to be announced by email every Friday morning. The Grand Prize Jackpot winner will also be contacted directly by phone. The Early Bird winner will be announced via email every Tuesday morning. All weekly winners, including the five winners of the $1,000 cash prizes, will be posted within 24 hours of the draw at www.firefighters5050.com and on the Nova Scotia Firefighters 50–50 Facebook group
8. Where do the funds raised go / what’s the breakdown?
50% of the grand prize jackpot goes to the winner.
The remaining 50% is distributed among the 266 participating fire agencies across Nova Scotia and covers administration fees. The distribution among fire agencies is based on the “in support of” selections from ticket buyers like you!
9. Will the “in support of” selection made by the grand prize jackpot winner continue receive an extra prize of $1,000 that week?
Yes, the fire group chosen by that week’s grand prize jackpot winner will continue to receive an extra prize of $1,000.
10. The image for this raffle looks different. Is this a scam?
No, this is the same Weekly 50/50 jackpot Supporting Nova Scotia Firefighters that you know and love. In honour of the additional prizes and chances to win, we got a fresh new look!
11. I received a text message prompting me to buy a ticket for this raffle. Was it a scam?
Not a scam — that’s us! The organizers of the NS Firefighters Weekly 50–50 have started sending SMS text messages to remind supporters to buy their tickets for the week. You may have received a message reminding you of the new Early Bird deadline or the Thursday draw. It is possible you could receive these messages some weeks but not others. If you wish to stop receiving text reminders, simply reply STOP on your mobile device.
12. What if I have questions, who can I contact?
First, ask questions to the Nova Scotia Firefighters 50–50 Facebook group.
You can also ask a question by visiting https://support.rafflebox.ca/ and submitting a support request. Rafflebox Technical Support will get back to you in 24–48 business hours or less.
13. Has this raffle been approved by the Provincial Gaming Regulator in Nova Scotia?
Yes. The licence numbers are AGD-305892–22 and AGD-314919–22
14. Where can I buy tickets?